JEAN RUSSELL EAGLE ROW
Tenets of Faith
Eagle Row / Reverend Jean Russell accepts the Scriptures as the revealed Will of God and adopts these Statements of Fundamental Truths and Doctrine.
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and the revealed will of God (I Tim. 3:15-17; I Peter 1:23-25; Heb. 4:12).
2. There is one true Godhead comprised of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All are co-equal and co-eternal (Matt. 28:19; I John 3:7). Jesus Christ, God Manifest in the flesh, is the second member of the Godhead (Is. 9:6; John 1:1, 14).
3. Man (mankind) was created in Godís image. By voluntary transgression he fell and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Gen. 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Rom. 5:12-21).
4. Jesus the Christ, was, and is holy and without sin, born of a Virgin, fathered by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. He became the spotless lamb of God for sacrifice of the sin nature of man and willingly gave himself. God loved the people of the world so much that he sent His Son, Jesus, to teach and die for the remission (forgiveness) and atonement (erasing) of sin for all who accept Him (John 3:16).
5. Salvation of Man Ė
v Manís only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. On the cross Jesus Christ became sin and sickness providing eternal life.
v Salvation is by faith of Jesus Christ and not by human works; however our works are evidence of our faith and will determine our rewards in eternity (Acts 16:3, Rom. 10-9-10, 14:10-12; II Cor. 5:10; Eph. 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7; James 2:18).
6. Baptism in water is a declaration to the world that a believer has died with Christ and that they have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life (Matt. 28:29; Acts 10:47-48; Rom.6-4).
7. Christian Conduct -
We believe that all believers should seek to walk by Spirit, separating themselves from worldly practices that are against God. That believers should be a witness for Christ by life and word, to the truth of the Scriptures. (Romans 12:1-2; Galatians 5:15-16; II Corinthians 5:9-17)
We should study the word of God and progressively apply the word to becoming led by the Spirit of God. "As many are led by the Spirit, are the sons and daughters of God."
Come Lord Jesus.
©2018 Jean Russell. All rights reserved.